This internship program will get you involved with the entire process of developing a medical device from idea generation to commercialization. You will interface with all responsible functional groups necessary to develop a product, such as Research and Development, Quality, Clinical, Regulatory and Marketing. In addition, you will have the added benefit of learning critical workplace skills and networking with professionals. This experience will prove invaluable for those (medical) students who are interested in getting a deep-dive perspective on how industry advances world health. As Intern Business Development, Regulatory Affairs, you will be an integral member of the ParaMedir Business Development team. You will help ParaMedir to build a pipeline for new clients, initiate engagement/conversations with company leadership, qualify leads, and drive revenue across the organization.
- Background in Engineering or Science – biotech or pharmaceutical/medical area;
- Strong analytical skills required;
- Strong communication (verbal/written) for interacting with clients – fluency in written and spoken English;
- Ability to handle multiple assignments and changing priorities, along with fluctuations in workload;
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively in a team structure. Uses a team-oriented approach to project management and problem resolution. Holds self and others accountable in achieving collective goals;
- A self-starter with a strong work ethic, individually motivated to initiate many new client calls;
- Excellent organizational and prioritization skills, ensuring client engagement and follow-up;
- Ability to learn the healthcare environment rapidly and become fluent in our market terminology;
- General knowledge of European medical device regulations;
- Effective use of Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Excel).
- Be responsible to develop a sustainable pool of clients across MedTech and Pharma;
- Support the annual business development target for Regulatory Affairs EU;
- Demonstrate expertise in the breadth and scope of ParaMedir’s Regulatory Affairs practice, including team structure, service offerings, pricing, and timelines;
- Responsibilities will also include data entry and some scientific writing;
- Identify and engage new prospective clients utilizing internal prospecting tools;
- Support the creation of regulatory affairs project budgets and proposals;
- Support creation and signature of regulatory affairs work orders and change orders;
- Participate in regularly scheduled calls across BD team and practices;
- Share/transfer qualified leads to specific practice leaders within ParaMedir for closing, contracting and execution of the engagement;
- Identify key conferences in which ParaMedir Regulatory Affairs will participate;
- Support Regulatory Affairs marketing, including brochures, presentations, templates;
- With technical support from Regulatory Affairs colleagues, generate proposals for new projects – focused client calls.