We are looking for an Industrial Design Intern that will be part of the Product Team. You will work closely with Product Designers, Developers and Data Analysts. Your main responsibility will be supporting the Product Team by improving the user experience of our devices.
- Great communication and visualization skills, empathy, design thinking, problem solving, curiosity and good collaboration;
- Pursuing a degree in industrial design, product design or similar, or equivalent practical experience;
- Approachable and positive attitude when interacting with colleagues and conducting interviews with customers;
- Motivated to drive your own initiatives but humble enough to reach out when in need of guidance;
- Proficiency in design and prototyping software and tools (such as AutoCAD or similar, experience with Raspberry Pi and sensor integration would be a plus);
- A proficient user of 2D design visualization tools (e.g. Photoshop, Illustrator);
- An understanding of 3D modelling & visualization software (e.g. Fusion);
- Know some Python/C++/Matlab (not necessary but would be a plus);
- Experience with microfluidics (not necessary but would be a plus).
- Identify potential usability opportunities across our products;
- Benchmarking and competitive analysis of our main competitors;
- Support on market research of ParaMedir’s suppliers and affiliates;
- Create simple designs and flows with supervision;
- Support on prototyping new designs and flows with supervision;
- Examine materials and manufacturing requirements to determine production costs;
- Use computer software to develop virtual models of different designs;
- Evaluate product safety, appearance, and function to determine if a design is practical;
- Collect feedback from the team to support your design iterations;
- Communicate and share work in progress with other designers;
- Embrace the unknowns, take ownership of design problems and see them through from research and ideation to shipping and beyond;
- Contribute to a team culture of shared knowledge and learning.
If you are intested and want to know more, contact Carlos Cordeiro via email@example.com.